Wednesday 6 November 2013

THE HARDEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE


Everyone on earth is going to grow up to be an adult unless God forbid the life span is cut short by some unforeseen evil forces. Not everyone however would grow up to be a “RESPONSIBLE” adult. I mean seriously, we see them around us every day. You know the ones they call AGBAYA, People you come across and you are like “this one too na person (is this one a person?)” or you are like “kai, shey this one that is behaving like an idiot like this would one day be someone’s wife or husband”.

Being a responsible adult is not as easy as it sounds. Believe me, I know how many luxuries I have had to give up over the years just because I need to do something that is considered more important or that would make me look more responsible. I would rather maybe upgrade my shoe game or go on vacations as I love to travel but I have to be frugal as my present life demands it. Gone are the days when what I had to worry about was why my mum would rather sit down in the parlor with our family friends on Sunday afternoon instead of taking my siblings and I to go swimming, or the fact that I did not want to eat what was packed in my lunch box or the fact that I wasn't allowed to play outside sometimes or how to put together the outfit mummy bought (that is IF she allows me o) or of course how my senior neighbor was going to punish and beat the living moonlight out of me for misplacing her uniform. Oh how I wish I could go back to those days. I thought they were serious problems, I would gladly take them back in a heart beat. This is a typical case of “if everyone was called to throw their problems in a pile, you would scramble for yours when you see what others have to contend with”.

Take a look at this picture.  

This outfit is the sole reason why I loathe cashews till today. You want to know why? Because I was eating a cashew and it stained my oufit, the stain never went off and I wasn't permitted to wear it again. Can you imagine? My favorite dress!! (Yeah, that was my reaction along with lots of tears, sulking and tantrums) It was my biggest problem at the time.
Fast forward years later, I get my NEPA bill and see a whooping fee of over N 100, 000. Haba!!, Ogini!! Kilode!! Do I run a factory? And even if I run a pure water factory it won’t be that ridiculous now COME ON guys I have other bills to pay… They are endless, Nepa, Fuel for both car and Generator, Security for both house and estate, BIS on blackberry, data bundle on Samsung, dstv, tithe (God you know am not complaining o) and just when you think these are all the things you need to take care of you go through those times where WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS!!!. When your generator and car either go bad at the same time or need servicing while your dstv has expired and your tap is leaking and your dispenser has spoilt then your AC and cooking gas decide that this is the perfect moment to finish, both phones need airtime plus data and just when you think this is all you can deal with, your neighbor gets a dog, you know those tiny ones that look like bush rats and the dog would not stop barking. So amongst all your problems, you lose sleep.
All these and I don’t even have kids. Mum and Dad, I appreciate you guys more everyday but you guys didn’t tell me that this is how it is. Had I known, I would have done the Benjamin Button.

My dear friends before you think of rushing out of the comfort of your parents homes, I am not saying you should be laid back and not hustle oh but …THINK TWICE!! I mean really, the picture above is what I used to look like (cute if I may say so myself, abeg park your opinions one side) and now THIS is what I look like!!!


 Give me one reason why I should not just give up???

Anyways, Baba God, I am loyal abeg…..

My look today, laid back and cool.



This is me, putting up today's post. Please two men sitting beside me in Double Four (Cafe Vergnano) in the palms ordered tea and brought out a packet of cabin and started eating it. Anyone that knows this place would agree wtih me that it is not a cabin chewing place. I tried to take a picture so you guys wouldn't say I am lying but the picture isn't clear. Abeg someone should tell me if this is a normal occurrence or if I am the local one.. HIAN!!


 Well this is me venting. If you know you can relate to this, feel free to share in the comment box. A problem shared is half solved they say or you can just blow off steam, it helps trust me. I feel better already. 

*HUGS*

16 comments:

  1. LMAO.......

    Life is hard but we are thankful for where we are today.

    R u kidding me??? Cabin biscuit??? It still exists????

    Mbanu,at Double 4 hell no!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell you..as in the big pack of cabin o not the small N5 own..we thank God for all he has done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lmao @ cabin... my dear life na small small, it is well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister how we wan take do. Na baba God we dey look

      Delete
  4. 2face Idibia's lyrics in one of his songs, "If I Tell You Sey E Easy, Omo Na Set-Up", perfectly sums up your write up. I always draw strength from Ecclesiastes 9:11... Time & Chances is ALL WE NEED, cos the line between been a 'responsible' adult and an 'agbaya' is thread-thin. IT IS WELL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. Grabbing my bible. What I know is today will always be better than yesterday. somehow God always sorts us out. well this is me venting

      Delete
  5. Our religion/faith helps us get thru life's challenges. We can summon up courage to face the next day cos of our faith. Sometimes i wonder how the atheists deal. Music too (for me sha); it's indeed food for the soul. Bt mehn, growing up is a trap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly there are somethings that happen and I'm like the atheists would point and laugh at us but at the end of the day God always proves them wrong.

      Delete
  6. Awwww this is your best post ever! I can totally relate and I was just grouching the other day about how much responsibility being an adult entails. Omo na to find partner wey go share am ooooo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks love. My dear the truth is that nobody is looking for a "burden". We just have to find a way to strike a balance. Remember that with this partner comes the major responsibilities "KIDS"..na only God go help man pikin

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Finding a partner wey go share am" doesn't make it easier oh, being married fetches you a new batch of responsibilities, ur inlaws, the kids, I am still preggers but do you know how much ante-natal fees are? The scans, the pre-natal pills, getting a whole new wardrobe because you can't fit into your old clothes anymore- that includes shoes because your feet will probably get swollen and I never knew all those cute baby clothes could cost so much, after all they only wear them for a short while, day care fees and nanny wages. Some cousin or relative who just comes to dump him or herself on you cos they assume you are now responsibly married, so you should be able and willing to feed an extra mouth whether you like it or not. Then the people from the village assume you should contribute to community development, and then they register you as soon as you're married and start calculating your dues for you. I could go on and on. My dear, the struggle still continues. Soty I can totally relate, I want my baby years back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have said it all my dear. I think getting a partner some times makes it harder but learning to work together as one is what makes it enjoyable. @ people from the village, men even me that is not married they disturb let alone you. I can just imagine.

      Delete
  9. My dear somedays I say I'm not trying anymore but I find myself picking up myself and trying again.......God is faithful and will take us from level to level....the phase of hustling 24/7 2make ends meet will pass ,the time to count blessings,achievements and enjoy it will come .......kip up the good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Failure is not when you don't try at all but when you stop trying. We just have to keep trying and some day we would look back and smile

      Delete
  10. I 4got to tell u that u r still adorable and u look amazing#wink

    ReplyDelete
  11. Life is all about stages... the baby stage is gone and yes we do miss it a great deal but then we gotta man up and face our future. Dont worry your pretty head about all the extra's that come with growing up and marriage and what not... as you get into that phase, you would just find yourself surviving through all that comes your way. Keep a positive mind as always.... Stay pretty.

    ReplyDelete