Sunday 3 November 2013

SANCTIFIED SUNDAY: ALCATRAZ REJECT


Hey everyone and happy Sunday. I hope you all went to church and not just to go and mark register but you actually participated and danced like David danced to the altar. Today’s sermon was very refreshing as it talked about Gods everlasting mercy and his call to repentance. Talked about how Jesus chose Zaccheaus, a sinner (like you and I) and turned his life around and how Zaccheaus in turn changed his ways. Well this only goes to show that Gods ways are not as we think. He will single you out of the crowd (honestly, Zaccheaus wasn't the only sinner there that day) and turn your sorrow into dancing again, he will lift you up where the world has brought you down and he will definitely put testimonies and songs of joy in your life. Anyways not to sound like a clergy person, I just thought I should share my take home with you. Hope you find it meaningful like I did.

*singing Asa's jailer* was feeling like an old school inmate in this outfit, hence the name. I really liked the look. It made me look so feminine, the hat was an added advantage and I like the fact that both the top and skirt had equal spacing between them so if you don't look closely, you would think it is a dress, plus the pop of color from the fuchsia shoes and earrings brought the entire outfit to life.I also got numerous compliments so hey I was feeling fly.













Hat & Skirt: Random store 
Top: Nefatari (call them on 08023604847)
Purse: Asos
Shoes: Paprika
Jewelry: Both gifts
Wristwatch: Peacocks
Hair: @ kix_kiks (follow her on  Instagram)

Little Details:
I first got to know about Alcatraz from the 1995 movie "Murder in the first" starring Christian Slater and Kevin Bacon. This was my very first Kevin Bacon movie and I must say he deserved an Oscar for that performance. Alcatraz is a Federal prison located on Alcatraz island in San Francisco bay. It was known back in the day as "the prison of prisons" in America and Kevin Bacons character was sent there for stealing just $5. Can you imagine that? I will just kill myself before I get there haba!!!.

Oh yeah!!! and there is an eclipse today so you all should watch out for it. It's supposed to hit maximum in Lagos by 2:30pm so if you know how to do the pinhole in paper thing you can do that. I sure would be watching out for it as I have never experienced it before.

I wish you all the best today.

*HUGS*

12 comments:

  1. Everyday I wake up looking forward to ur posts, thanks for the sermon for those of us that did not go to church. The look is fabulicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks a lot love. That just gives me motivation

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fashionista! Totally luv d outfit and yes mass was so refreshing today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. D top & skirt from diff stores?! That's fab. Person gats to pay a visit to the A.N.T. boutique ds evening o.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I grab ya skewers..lool..don't mind me,u know you are always welcome

      Delete
  5. Fab! Fab!! Fab!!! Keep em coming...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rly nice outfit...great fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one bay bay!!!kip t up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops,didnt know it wasnt a dress until u said otherwise. classy outift!

    Vivio

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone..y'all are far 2 kind

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome post Hun! Verrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy Lovely outfit!

    ReplyDelete