Friday 20 December 2013

FAYROUZ: LE ORIGINAL

Okay so I got invited impromptu by a wonderful friend of mine to the Fayrouz L’original (Hope I got that right) event 2 nights ago. I asked O “what kind of event is it so I can know how to dress” and the response was “nothing serious, it’s just a show that has some musicians performing” and since I don’t like to over dress for music events when I know I would probably dance, I went casual.

Omo my dear brothers and sisters as I got there, I was in awe, in shock, in fact I was flabbergasted, bewildered and overwhelmed (Yes I own a dictionary). You need to see babes, Sequins evening gown things with sky high shoes, honestly everyone was dressed for an occasion, I on the other hand was dressed for a campus show (covers face).  I took one look at my friend and he was speechless. But as a correct babe that doesn't give a @#4@, I walked in there with my shoulders higher than everyone else.

Trust me, it did not end there, he handed me my VVIP pass. Now with this pass, you get something that looks like dollars but it was called the Rouz and then use it to buy “small chops” and cocktails. Now their idea of “small chops” was Chinese with dessert. I honestly must be living in a different realm because where I come from, small chops means Puff Puff, Mosa, springroll, samosa and if you are lucky, gizzard and/or snail. Hmm I did not waste time o, I made sure I swallowed a full plate of my “small chops” if you know what I mean *Wink*. The cocktails all had a touch of fayrouz and might I say, they were really nice.

The Rouz. Creative huh... I really like (would anyone die if naira looked like this?)

Okay enough of the food, Ik Osakioduwa was the host of this show and then he called out 4 celebrities to bring out a girl and a guy each that they felt were dressed originally and the winners would get free outfits from two of the designers present. If you see the look I gave my friend, I’m like what the @3@ I have kind of a fashion blog right, I know how to be original, so why on earth did he not tell me. Not fair, I would have won designer stuff. Anyways, next time na dem go fear origo. There was actually a runway show where the clothes were auctioned off at the end, interesting thing is that they were auctioned off with that rouz so it's not like you are spending actual money. Really nice designs were displayed and I could actually see myself in some of them.

Anyways, all in all the event was good, My darling little brother Burna Boy (eh eh don’t even ask me any stupid question now) and Davido performed. The event planners really did a good job as the setting of the place was tasteful.


Well here are a few pictures, they are not clear though so pardon me.

Gozel green
 Kinabuti (I think)
 Mai Atafo (I think)
 They call me Burna Boy #Love
 Mai Atafo
 April by Kuni

 Gozel green

 Kinabuti
 The Originals Hehehe Okay, the designers


 Both dresses are April by Kunbi
 Skelewu Master and his Otimkpu
 Otimkpu (town crier, hehehe. just joking O)

 The beautiful Osas Ighodaro. Omo the girl no send anybody O, you go fear dance.


What a giraffe neck. Soty Odoh the no1 Original (go and run into an oncoming trailer if you think otherwise)
The girl behind me with the different colors on her top, won the most original female and I think she deserved it out of the lot that were picked. Congrats to her for stealing my shine.

Have a blessed day guys.

*HUGS*

8 comments:

  1. Nice...seems lik u had a lot of fun...bia ds geh,wen wd u come n carry me 2 such events?loool

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear u no see say na carry person carry me go..no worry time would come when na me go dey carry you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kai, Niger babes no dey ever fall my hand, evry single event must be dressed to kill, smash, and murder... oh nd yes davido is loud as hell. *biggrin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as in ehhhh but it's all good. Though a lot of people were dressed appropriately too

      Delete
  4. "Skelewu master and his otimkpu"-- this cracked me up big time. Trust gidi ppl to over do things. Looks like it was a lovely event though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that what he is but believe it or not, this is also an occupation. There are people that all they do is to climb the stage with artistes. Please someone should tell me if it is a lucrative business so I can venture into this.

      Delete
  5. How u wish u could turn bak d hands of time abi? lol . u look simple and cool soty. Obviously u hav a great dress sense. Great show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally .....I read this article after trying 2read it severally............U look good Jare.......u r d main Le original fashionista!

    ReplyDelete