Sunday 8 December 2013

DOING IT LIKE THE 80'S


Hey every one and happy Sunday. I hope you all had a nice time over the weekend seeing as today is Sunday and this means the weekend is over. So to be honest I did not go to church today due to the fact that yesterday was my little niece birthday party and we were all knackered by the wee hours of this morning (you all know that kiddies parties are actually not for the kids but adults right…need I say more). Anyways, my little heartbeat turned 1 over the week and it’s as if she knows what happened because throughout this week she has just been very happy, dancing up and down with her newly acquired feet that she tries to stabilize when she walks…the cutest thing ever. I am really grateful to all my friends that could make it yesterday, you guys are the best.



Okay so this outfit is what I wore to church on a Sunday. There is something quite “old skool” about it. I felt like someone from the 80’s with the midi skirt and scarf. I also like the use of the different colors as it is not over the top. Hope you like it. I am so sorry I don't have any words from the bible to share today, pardon me. 






I love this bead and the bracelets (it also has a pair of earrings). I hand selected the beads and watched them make it at Jakande craft market. That place is a tourist heaven, you can make beads, paintings, buy craft work, leather work and more.I would do a post on it soon.



Top: Nefatari (08023604847)
Skirt: Old
Sandals: Bakers
Pursee: Asos
Jewelry: JCM (jakande craft market), Banjul market & Indigo 
Wristwatch: Longines

May the good Lord fill our coming week with blessings, favor and testimonies.

Have a nice week ahead guys.

*HUGS*




9 comments:

  1. You remind me of Mrs. Onwubiko, my Home Economics teacher back in secondary school. You keep wowing me with ur dress sense and color blend. Keep it up my lil ayancha. Amen to the blessings and testimonies and wish you same darling. *Mwah*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HIAN!!! Mrs Onwubiko kwa. So hilarious. Thanks dear. But what is the meaning of anyacha?

      Delete
  2. Who are we to judge u because u couldn't and didn't make church? Anyways, I'd love to share what I got from today's service. I got to find that raptured souls will still be judged, 1st Corinthians 9-15! I am also a retro chick as I love all trends from 60's, 70's 80's and early 90's. Beautiful pieces put very well togethr..love always darling, Cheers! Isy Osiago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I did not know that. Thanks for sharing, would definitely check it out.

      Delete
  3. Oya oh, package my midi skirt nd beads, send asap...thank ooo. luv the 80's luk.. frver on point :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo you know the way to the house na. come pick it up any time

      Delete
  4. Nice.........wow tnks 4sharing @anon 4.49

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit,very colourful! white is always a treat! sorry, i've been off for a while, exams and end of term stuff.

    Vivio

    ReplyDelete