Monday 10 February 2014

SANCTIFIED SUNDAY: REFRESHING BEGINNING

Hello my lovely, blessed, special, loyal and faithful people. I know it’s been ages since I last updated a post and I can’t even believe it myself that I have been away from this page, one I used to visit every day. I am so sorry that I have been away for so long and there is so much that I want to say but honestly do not know where to start. Maybe I should start by saying Happy New Month!!!! ( even though this is the 10th of the month, it’s better late than never). Hope you all are doing great.

So much has happened since the last time I put up a post that you all would not even believe but I will give you all the gist as time goes by. The first thing I have to say is that I recently relocated (though for a short period) to a totally different continent and have been very busy with settling in and getting my s&*%# in order. I must say, it hasn't been easy at all but I serve a living God and he has definitely seen me through. He has really showed me how to be still and know that he is God. To all those, that knew (even though less than a handful) and supported me all through, I just want to use this medium to say thank you and I really do appreciate your friendship. To all those that came on the morning of my departure and cleared my wardrobe (you know yourselves too) just know that I am naked in this town because of you people..Okay lol, am just kidding..love you girls.. and finally to all those that kept hounding me about my next post, hmm I am flattered O! I no know say una like am like this but I am really grateful. It is you guys that keep me motivated (hmm, why am I sounding like certain people that we all know, even though I haven’t attained that status). I may not have many followers and viewers but the few I have, I love and appreciate.

I really missed blogging and though I do not promise that I will be consistent over the next couple of weeks, know that I will try my best to put up posts as much as possible though it’s not easy as I do not have friends here to help take pictures. Due to this, majority of my posts would be write-ups and if you enjoy the “Surviving Lagos” series (God I hope you all do) then you are in luck as there is still loads where that came from and since I am in another city, you should expect a surviving “this place” soon.




Okay so enough of all the sentimental Bruhaha!!! This is the outfit I wore to church today. I will just like to point out that though I was definitely not the only black person in the church, I sure got looks like I was from Pluto. Maybe because I was the only one that was quite dressed up, like people were in jeans and flats or maybe it’s because of the environment but I’m like “nah ah..we don’t dress like this to church back in Nigeria, we keep it fancy and all dressed up. We put in WORK!!” #AfricanAmericangirlvoice. 

For my outfit, I decided to wear this very lovely buba I bought on one of my Gambian trips..The material is very light (I think it's cotton, not silk for those that asked), you can rock it in different ways (coming soon) and it was really cheap. I don't think it cost up to N5, 000 not even sure it was up to N3, 000. I paired it with this lovely Grecian style necklace and earring set I got from this store I recently discovered that has some nice things especially costume jewelry and these lovely pair of spike nude heels to compliment the entire outfit. A kind friend of mine helped me out with the photos today, not sure how lucky I will be next time but hey, I do hope you like it.











Ekwulekwu !! (Talk, Talk!!)





 Still talking..Damn girl!! wonder what I was saying though..hehehe

Outfit: Banjul Market  (Gambia)
Shoes: Schuh
Necklace & Earrings: Agaci
Wristwatch: Identity
Bracelet: F21
Purse: Asos

P.S Please ignore the tittle of my post, I know it says sanctified Sunday even if we are in Monday but I had typed this earlier but didn't have the time to put it up.

Quick message from church today: Be the light of the world and the salt of the earth for what good is salt if it looses its taste. Your life should be a beacon, an exemplary one that reflects Christ that people will want to emulate. The little things matter, from as little as the language we use, to our interaction with people down to what we read and see on the internet. We are required to be the voice of the voiceless, to make a difference with our voices because of our faith. 

I hope this touches you guys as much as it touched me. 

*HUGS*


21 comments:

  1. Those shoes.....hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess who's back?! We sure did miss ur posts. and of course, ur outfit rocks. Keep 'em coming babe. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks love..pray that I will keep getting people to help with the pictures

      Delete
  3. My darling girl... Good to have you back!!!

    Yesterday's readings at mass touched me so much. I have read that passage a couple of times but yesterday for the 1st time I listened.

    Totally love the outfit. When I come visiting I will raid some more..*big smile*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was a great reading and sermon. I pray that I am able to live up to the expectation of christ

      Delete
  4. Yayyyy and wr back, took u long enuf... fabulous outfit,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry my dear, it has really not been easy. I honestly do not know how I am going to continue but I am an ANT and we are relentless

      Delete
  5. Lol. @ looks. Yes o.... We don't play! Beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We go HARD babe..They should just wait, it's because I have not tied that my huge Gele for them..they should watch this space

      Delete
  6. Awww, the way God blessed Abraham in a foreign land, he will do the same for you, love the hair, the necklace, and please for the love of all things beautiful, pray do show how you do this wrapper knot.Tried to do it once, but it looked like a hot mess. Wish I was around to take some loot from your wardrobe too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amennnn. Thanks a lot love, I really appreciate. Umm maybe one day we would skype and I will show you or I can do a post on it but I think bella naija has it somewhere though. You can check them out

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice1 lav...suits ya calar- in ghanian accent..lol....gud2hav u bak....wink*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice1 Luvy..suits ya calar-in Ghanaian accent...lol..gud2hv u bac boo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. U sure do look gorgeous. Keep'em coming. Lukin 4ward 2 more spicy pix :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you oh, but na photographer be problem

      Delete
  11. @last ......yeaaaaayyyy!!welcome bck darl......checked severally and now my patience has paid off......u look gorgeous.....luv those shoes!!!y didn't u call me 2come take my share from ur wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww that's so sweet that you were checking up. I really do appreciate it. Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  13. Still looking forward 2more articles and wow pixx.....I know u r busy adapting 2new environment......jisike!

    ReplyDelete