Wednesday 1 January 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. 2014 Is finally here and I count myself lucky to be one of the select few picked by God to be blessed with the gift of life to see the new year. Words cannot express my joy and happiness to God for his ever abounding mercies upon me, my family (nuclear and extended), my friends (real friends not frenemies), my loved ones, admirers (I strongly want to believe you are out there), well wishers, even enemies and all those I have met along my journey of life especially in this past year.
 

Here I will recount a few things that happened to me in the year 2013 and trust me, not all of them may be good but I am still grateful.
     1.      I left my job former job on the first Friday of January and though it has not been easy, God sent me helpers along the way, I have never lacked.

2.  I met someone who I have learnt a lot from, that has taught me a lot about myself (including the fact that I can be patient cos trust me, this human being needs extreme patience and brain energy to deal with), made me understand more about myself and my self worth.

3.  Made some new friends, dumped some old and irrelevant ones.

4. Got closer to some friends and understood the reason why they are in my life.

5.    Had major disappointments and setbacks but at the end of the day, the same thing came through eventually in a bigger way (don’t ask).

6.   I got a year older.

7.   Started watching scandal (hehehe, it’s my list, make yours) and realized even more that I want the character Elaina of vampire diaries to die a slow, painful death.

8.    Watched my biggest crush get married which just made me realize; one down, good riddance!!!

9.       Did a lot of travelling just to chill and regain myself.

     10.   Put on some weight that I do not understand the origin 

     11.   Got my new drivers license (if you do not see the reason why this should be on this list then you obviously have not stood in that queue of over 500 people in the heat trying to renew your license. To me, it’s a huge burden off my shoulder)

     12.   My adorable niece turned 1

     13.   Watched some good friends walk down the isle to start a new chapter in their lives and watching them I’m like, hmmm oge erugo soty maka e bughi nwatakiri ozo (time has come soty because you are no longer a child)

     14.   STARTED MY BLOG!!!! This was a major challenge because I do not know how to handle anything media related

     15.   And most of all, I saw the end of the year with each and every member of my family intact, no sickness, no accident, no death.

Even though I am presently going through something, I am still thankful. Some people may not have gotten all that they aspired, some may have had a very terrible year but the truth is that you are still alive to tell the story. Give thanks because in all things we should always give thanks. Where there is life, there is always hope.
Some people did not make it into the year, some people died by 11:59 am 31st December, 2013 but we are all here today, because the Lord deemed us fit. We have nothing to say but thank you God.

I want to say a big thank you to first of all JEHOVAH UNBEATABLE for always protecting me, looking after me and counting me worthy to see this new year. To my family for tolerating my excesses and my imperfections and constantly being my back bone. To my closest friend (you know yourself), in you I see a woman other women should aspire to be because you are the epitome of strength. To my other close friends, I know why I chose you guys because you all understand me where people doubt me. To my other friends, I am happy you are all in my life because you make everyday very interesting. To my God children, I pray to do what the church requires of me and that is to guide you spiritually (trust me, I love you all as much as your mothers do and you can take my word to the bank). To my beautiful niece, I sit and look at your pictures or play a video I have made of you and no matter how sad I am, all is right with the world when I see your beautiful smile or hear your soothing laugh. To all my helpers, may God replenish what you have given. To OLMPH board of lectors, thank you for helping me grow spiritually and making me see the essence of being a worker in church. To my enemies, trust me, I need you too because without you, I would not value myself more, I would not learn life lessons and I would not understand how important I am. To my lovely READERS!!! Thank you for your love and support, you all have overwhelmed me. To all those that comment regularly, may God drive market to whatever business venture or profession you put your hand in. To all those who took out time to register on the blog or to subscribe I really appreciate the effort and last but not the least to my best friend; SOTY. You have really grown over the years. What God has started in your life, he must complete for he is not a God of half and half, he is no man that he will lie, he has promised and he will never fail. He has brought you thus far and he will see you through to the end. He has made you the woman you are today. His banner over you is love and it is everlasting. He will not cast his eyes away from you even for a millisecond so keep believing in him, trusting in him, hoping in him and loving him endlessly and watch as he makes 2014 a testimony year.
This is it guys, we made it, we made it with our backs against the wall, we pushed through against all odds, struggled and persevered and he brought us the victory of life. I wish you all the best year, may the best of your 2013 be the worst of your 2014, may his grace abound over you all and may his steadfast love, shield and protection be with you all. (Omo I don turn pastor O!!! make una clap for me small na).

Be blessed

*HUGS*

12 comments:

  1. Clap! Clap!!! Still clapping!!! We sha made it ohhhhh, 2014 leEGgoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. standing ovation follow sef. 2014 is a year of grace. God is able

      Delete
  2. I actually did clap. Hehehe. This year shall be astoundingly, beautifully successful for us all na aha Jesus!!! Happy New year bebe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm..what can I say? 2013 was a good year but 2014 makes me happy already! The positive energy and vibe from everyone is pretty much encouraging. Its most important to embrace God. Draw up what u wanna achieve by 31st Dec 2014, (speak out) gist with God and tell Him to help u achieve it, then sit back and watch as He turns everything you touch to Gold. Thank u Soty for being in my life. I love u! Isy Osiago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chaiiiii Soty, I have never sat down to recount or list what This Our God did for me and my family in the past year. I'm borrowing a leaf from you. Trust me, for this singular act of worship (publicly though), God will shower u both private and public blessings in this Our Year of Turning Point to Greatness. Let me stop, it's not my blog kilode!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is not even up to half or quarter of his wonders in my life. Amen to your prayers for me. This year is our year, no weapon fashioned against us, our family members and our blessings shall prosper

      Delete
  5. Chaiii Soty, I have never sat down to recount or list what this our God did for me and my family this past year. I'm borrowing a leaf from you and for this singular act of worship (publicly though) Our Jehova Unbeatable will shower u with both private and public blessings in this Our Year of Turning Point to Greatness. Let me stop biko, it's not my blog kilode!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year love..2014 is going to be great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is in Jesus name. Happy new year to you too dear

      Delete
  7. jst got inspired to start making my own list ..... Beautifully written .......Amen to all d prayers u made.......looking 4ward 2a glorious 2014....whr everything will work 4our good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please make your list and check it twice o. Thank you dear. Everything will indeed work out for our good.

      Delete